8 Ways to Help You Achieve Beautiful Skin… At Any Age
As much as we would like to, there is no halting the aging process. It’s a fact of life and a fact that, instead of dreading, we should celebrate. But, it’s a lot more fun to celebrate when you look fantastic. Until the fountain of youth is discovered, here are a few tips to have amazing skin at any age:
1. Live healthy. Drink your water, eat your veggies, don’t smoke, don’t overdrink, limit unsaturated fats, carbs and dairy, and workout.
2. Always wear sunscreen. You’ve been told this your entire life, so it should come as no surprise that sun damage is a leading cause of aged skin. Always use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 and avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun’s rays are strongest. Cover your skin with tightly woven long-sleeved shirts, long pants and wide-brimmed hats.
3. Cleanse gently. Never go to bed mad, and never go to bed with a dirty face. Always wash your face every night before bed to remove dirt and impurities, but do so kindly as soaps and washcloths can be damaging to sensitive skin. To feed your skin while cleaning away the day, use the Oil Cleansing Method: a natural skincare method that breaks the drying cycle found with soap. During OCM, the oil cleanser massaged into your skin dissolves pore-clogging oils and breaks down makeup, while also allowing your skin to absorb the hydrating nourishment it needs. The cleanser is then gently steamed o with a warm washcloth.
4. Exfoliate. Your skin is composed of layers of skin cells, and often dead skin cells remain bound to the skin causing your skin to appear dull or damaged. Exfoliating weekly removes dead skin cells and reveals new skin cells, which allows skin layers to turn over faster. The result is a younger and more glowing complexion.
5. Moisturize. Daily moisturizing is vital for healthy skin and regularly using a healthy moisturizer should be a part of any good skin care regimen. Choose a lotion with plenty of antioxidants and vitamins to protect new skin and fight skin damage. Our favorite powerhouse, green tea extract, has anti-inflammatory and anti-growth qualities to reduce the appearance of puffiness, wrinkles, fine lines and large pores, and boost cell reproduction. It also has a strong antioxidant effect that protects the skin from the damaging effect of free radicals and it contains methylxanthines, which stimulate skin microcirculation to positively influence the tone and health of the skin.
6. Repair. As skin matures, it’s gradually depleted of essential nutrients, which can cause skin to become dull, parched and less resilient. Repair serums work to reverse the signs of past damage by boosting skin cell reproduction, reducing the appearance of fine lines, lightening age spots, and revitalizing skin toner and texture. Apply nightly.
7. Sleep sweetly. Now that your face is clean and hydrated, drink a glass of water (and place a full glass next to your bed) before tucking yourself in for a peaceful slumber. During deep sleep, the rise in growth hormones allows damaged cells to become repaired. Without the deeper phases of sleep, this doesn’t occur, allowing daily small breakdowns to accumulate instead of being reversed resulting in more noticeable signs of aging. If you have trouble dozing off, try brief meditation to quiet the mind and welcome in Dreamland.
8. Embrace your age. There are endless methods and tricks for turning back the clock, but it is impossible to avoid the aging process altogether. And let’s be honest, it’s better to grow old than to not. Instead of ghting against age, embrace it. Your skin has been there for every second of your life. Every wrinkle comes with a story. Enjoy the memories your body has lived through, endured and rejoiced. Treat yourself kindly and show your appreciation for all you have accomplished. Love yourself and love your age.
For more information, call Michelle Czarka, owner of Pantry Products, at 775-357-8019 or visit www.pantryproductsNV.com.